A guide to the Zone Dietrohit.nutra
Did you know inflammation in our body disrupts the hormonal communication occurring in our cells? The Zone diet is aimed at reducing diet-induced inflammation and toxins from our body to slow down ageing, aiding weight loss and preventing inflammation damage.
What exactly is the Zone Diet?
Developed by Dr. Barry Sears 30 years ago, the Zone diet was curated to help people lose weight, reduce the risk of chronic diseases led by inflammation and for improving mental health.
The main aim of this diet is also to reduce the bad LDL cholesterol and improve the organ health.
How does the Zone Diet work?
When you plan to try or make changes in your diet according to the zone diet, you have to take care of what you put in your plate and how you balance your meals and snacks. In the Zone Diet, you need to make sure that ⅓ of the portion should be Protein, ⅔ carbohydrates and a little bit of fat, only monounsaturated fat which includes bananas, carrots, grapes and more.
For this diet to work properly, it is recommended that you take omega-3 supplements to reduce the risk of chronic diseases and also beautify your skin inside-out.
Here are some points you should keep in mind when starting the Zone Diet!
- Have your breakfast or a snack in less than one hour of waking up.
- Have 4-5 meals in a day with 3-4 hours interval.
- Water is a great catalyst to reduce inflammation. Make sure you drink 8-10 glasses a day.
- Avoid Sugar or anything which includes saturated fats and starch.
- Don’t consume high GI foods as they increase inflammation in your body.
Any form of workout will enhance your body’s response to losing weight or staying healthy.