What exactly is the Paleo Diet?
If you have heard the much talked about paleo diet then you must be on a hunt for a healthier lifestyle that is clearly a long-term guide for you to live a caveman primal diet. Yes, paleo diet means going back to our roots and eliminate the processed and packaged foods that are killing the humanity by making bad food choices!
How does the Paleo Diet work?
Paleo Diet, also known as the hunter-gatherer diet, just goes by one straightforward question: What would our ancestors eat? With this diet, we follow the food habits according to our genetics and not in accordance with the current evolutionary pressures by including foods like fruits, vegetables, seafood, meats and nuts and avoiding pasta, canned foods.
If we follow this diet, there is a maintenance of healthy saturated-to-unsaturated fatty acids ratio, proper intake of vitamins and nutrients and balanced diet compromising of protein, fats, starch and carbohydrates.
Here are some points you should keep in mind when starting the Paleo Diet!
1) A Paleo eating regimen ought to be high in fat, moderate in both protein and carbohydrates. But make sure you follow the rule of portion control.
2) Consume natural fats like coconut oil or clarified butter. You can also include olive oil, avocado and macadamia nut oil to drizzle over salads and bread!
3) Try to include fruits that are low in natural sugars and high in nutrients like berries and nuts which are high in omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 to have a better digestion and immune system.
4) Part away with sugary drinks, soda and packaged juices. Just remember if it’s in the box, do not put it in your body! Instead, have homemade smoothies and pulp-filled juices!
5) Dispose of outside stressors throughout your life however much as could reasonably be expected and sleep no less than 8 hours for each night.
6) Include Vitamin D and Probiotics into your diet to have optimum levels of magnesium, iodine and essential vitamins. Also always remember to take Vitamin D from the early morning sun.